Integration Consultant @ EnterpriseIT
November 2018 - March 2020
- Extensive use of the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats). I've deployed and managed Elasticsearch with many of our customers across a number of use cases: app search, infrastructure and application monitoring, log aggregation and management, anomaly detection, security, alerting.
- Developed Go APIs to expose a travel booking system to various online travel agents (Expedia, Tripadvisor, etc.); these run on Kubernetes and are monitored with Elasticsearch. I've also developed APIs using AWS API Gateway and Lambdas.
- Automated the deployment of public facing Silverstripe applications following a blue-green deployment pattern. This involved rebuilding our customers AWS infrastructure from scratch using CloudFormation, and building a blue-green deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Bash.
- Designed and built the infrastructure for a customers data warehouse; automated via Jenkins and CloudFormation.
- Administration and support for many platforms including Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, MuleSoft, Tyk API Gateway; comfortable with Linux and Bash.
Systems Analyst @ Westpac
November 2016 - November 2018
- Administered and managed Westpac's observability tools: Elasticsearch and Dynatrace. I was responsible for running the systems as well as helping Westpac's application teams adopt the tools from agent installation and data parsing through to data visualisation and alerting.
- Automated deployment and management of these tools using Chef.
- Administered the internal HR tool that handled performance reviews, this was run on Docker using Docker Compose.
Technology Intern @ Westpac
November 2015 - November 2016
- Identified and executed cost savings opportunities within Westpac's IT infrastructure spending through a variety of initiatives:
- analysed server usage statistics and right-sized or decommissioned servers,
- wrote Chef cookbooks for common server builds,
- conducted an internal competition to encourage staff to clean up their servers and personal drives to save on storage costs.
Junior Front-end Developer @ Ubiquity
February 2015 - October 2015
- Provided internal technical support to Ubiquity staff, mainly helping with Windows problems and IT hardware setup or troubleshooting.
- Developed eDMs for Ubiquity clients: converting Photoshop assets into responsive mobile-friendly email templates.
- Designed and developed an overhaul of the Ubiquity website: introduced a modern visual aesthetic, implemented SEO optimisations, and improved the deployment process by automating code pre-processing (SASS) and dependency resolution (Gulp).
Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect
Elastic Certified Engineer
Bachelor of Science @ The University of Auckland
Major in Computer Science and Psychology